African American Bloggers Carnival – November 2, 2011
The African American Blog Carnival is a collection of blog posts submitted by interested parties to alert us to the fantastic writing of Black bloggers around the web. Maintained by the web development and marketing staff of AskHeartBeat! and Surviving Dating, we collect these links, review and edit them, then publish the results in this monthly publication. Bloggers who submit links to their articles to this blog carnival will be rewarded with new site visitors and increased traffic.
Health Fitness and Nutrition
- Dr. David P. Pryor presents Black Women’s Health.Com. This site is dedicated to helping our viewers and community members reach their peak level of happiness, health and productivity. If you want to move to the “next level” of personal wellness and vitality, you have found a great partner in BlackWomensHealth.com!
- Vernetta Freeney presents Snickers to Sneakers ~ Curious About Which Cardio is Best for Your Lifestyle Change? pt.1 posted on Women Are Game Changers. Our goal is to create a network of women who are changing the game called life by setting it on fire with our dynamism.
Society and Culture
- Talia Rice presents My Anger Toward the Way Blacks are Responding to Amber Cole posted on Black Bloggers Connect. Talia writes: I’m upset is because the people who are giving her the most flack are black people. The degrading comments being thrown at this young sista is sickening. We are the most backwards and hypocritical race and even though I love being black this is one time where I hate to admit that I am black.
- Deborrah Cooper presents Are Most Black Men Sociopaths? posted on Surviving Dating. Psychological profile of the diagnosed sociopath compared to the socialization and behaviors of Black males towards women and children. It’s not pretty.
- Deborrah Cooper presents Should Black Women Feel Sorry for Kris Humphries? Hell to the Naw! posted on Surviving Dating What standards does Kris Humphries have with regards to selecting a woman for his wife? A wife is supposed to compliment her husband, have his back, be his right hand, and have similar morals, values and life goals. Where does any of that describe Kim Kardashian?
Blogging and Writing
- The Black Bloggers Network presents The Black Bloggers Network an online resource guide for Black bloggers, writers, and journalists. Find articles about increasing web presence, networking with other black bloggers, blog building and promotion techniques, and much more! Join the network to promote your Black blog.
- Black Bloggers Connect presents Black Bloggers Connect! Post blogs, interact with and learn from the hundreds of black bloggers that are members.
Dating and Relationships
- Deborrah Cooper presents 10 Relationship Red Flags! posted at Ask HeartBeat! Black Dating & Interracial Relationships Advice. This article/slideshow sets out 10 of the most common red flags ignored in early dating. Since 1997 AskHeartBeat.Com has been bringing Black America the best information on dating and relationships on the web. Now in its fifth redesign, we invite you to check out the daily advice column and to submit your own advice question for answer in an upcoming column.
- Lily K. presents Oh My God! You Moved On Already? posted on Welp, That’s That! Why people move on from their previous relationships so fast and how to get your ex back if you want him or her.
That’s it for this edition of the African American Blog Carnival. Find out more information on this carnival, as well as how to submit your blog here.