TODDLER PROPERTY LAWS is something I came across as a joke about a year ago. Yet looking at it, I was astonished at how similar the “property laws” are to how some people handle dating and their attitudes towards the opposite sex. Think of how many women are assaulted or murdered for trying to leave a man who claims her as his. Think about how many young girls are killed for telling a guy who likes her “no!” to a date or relationship. Some people really do see others as possessions, just like toddlers and their toys.
1. If I like it, it’s mine.
2. If it’s in my hand, its mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it’s mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
5. If it’s mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
6. If I am doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it’s mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it’s broken, it’s yours.